Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Signature limits?
The Stig
 Posted: Jun 19 2010, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

-Banned-

Member No.: 51

I can't seem to find the rulebook so I have a few questions before I edit my siggy?

Are links to other forums allowed?
and what about graphics in my siggy? would a 200X700 fly?

user posted image
In a world without walls or fences,who needs Gates or Windows?
PMUsers Website
chazz
 Posted: Jun 19 2010, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

I didn't get around to adding the rules yet. Sorry about that. As far as signatures go, I'll allow links to other forums as long as that forum or website doesn't contain nudity or anything that is illegal. 200 X 700 is a bit big for my tastes. On the old forum I limited signatures to 500 pixels wide. Also It'd be great if you could keep the file size under 75 kilobytes to keep load times down. That's my main concern with signatures as I've seen other forums where people were using these huge signatures in png format that took forever to load. I'll be adding the rules sometime by the end of this weekend. Here's the sig rules from the old forum which I'm going to keep:

Posting links in signatures to other sites is allowed on this message board as long as they comply with the forum guidelines. I'm allowing banners in signatures on a trial basis. Banners are to be no larger than 150(height) X 500(width) and the file size must be kept under 75KB. Only one banner is allowed in your signature. The administrator of this forum reserves the right to remove any signatures which violate these rules.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
chazz
 Posted: Sep 28 2010, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Jcink has activated the new image resizer so any signatures or images posted that are over 500 pixels wide will be automatically resized. The good thing about the new image resizer is that the aspect ratio will be preserved so images won't get badly distorted when resized.
The Stig
 Posted: Sep 28 2010, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

-Banned-

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (chazz @ Sep 28 2010, 04:49 PM)
Jcink has activated the new image resizer so any signatures or images posted that are over 500 pixels wide will be automatically resized.  The good thing about the new image resizer is that the aspect ratio will be preserved so images won't get badly distorted when resized.

those tend to make larger images look like shit though.
But I'll resize my own,

user posted image
In a world without walls or fences,who needs Gates or Windows?
PMUsers Website
chazz
 Posted: Sep 29 2010, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

QUOTE (teal @ Sep 28 2010, 11:49 PM)
those tend to make larger images look like shit though.
But I'll resize my own,

This one is much better than the older resizer as it does preserve the aspect ratio. The old one made large images look horrible. I did test this on some images. I imagine it wouldn't work as well on some of the super sized images but it would still be way better than before. I still require members who post pics in the threads to use thumbnail code but at least on the rare occasion when we get new members posting full sized images it won't stretch out the forum which is really annoying.
chazz
 Posted: Sep 29 2010, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Seems to work pretty well...

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Questions & Comments | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins