How To Download Embedded Images With Firefox, Ellisdee's Guide For Beginners
Ellisdee
 Posted: Apr 5 2011, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Erin Chambers Maniac

Member No.: 2

Introduction

This guide will teach you how to download images to your computer from websites that have disabled the "right-click save-as" option using firefox.

How many times have you browsed a website like flickr, facebook or Internet movie database seen a picture you like and haven't been able to save it. here is an example below from a recent photoshoot I posted which was originally from flickr.

user posted image

"Oh no, I want this picture but can't save it there's got to be a way"

Relax, There are actually three ways to get this picture but I will show you the easiest and quickest way with a few simple steps using firefox.
PMEmail Poster
Ellisdee
Quote Post

Group Icon

Erin Chambers Maniac

Step 2 - Finding The Picture

For This next step I will use the picture shown in step one which can be found here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jordanvolness/4178088598/

Next you should click on the option "view actions" then view all sizes as shown below.

user posted image

What I do next is pick the highest resolution that exists as shown in the picture below. (you can pick whatever resolution you desire the process is still the same.)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Ellisdee
Quote Post

Group Icon

Erin Chambers Maniac

Step 3 - Getting That Picture

Next step is to download the picture with firefox, for that you need to go to the "Tools" section in the menu bar. Then click on the "Page Info Button" as seen below.

user posted image

You then will be presented with a pop-up window that looks like this.

user posted image

You will then need to click on the media tab and will then be presented with this screen as shown below.

user posted image

Click on the address bar and it will show all the images that exist on the webpage. You need to scroll down until you find the image you want(as a rule of thumb it will generally be the largest file size) click on the image below to see what I mean.

user posted image

Once you have found the file just click on "Save as" and save the file directly to your computer and voila.

That concludes this guide, This process works just the same on flickr, facebook etc so it should be fairly easy to use. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will happily oblige.

One last thing: I know photos like this are set to private for a reason and I am not trying to steal peoples pictures or encourage other people to do the same. No copyright or privacy infringement was intended.
PMEmail Poster
CandleVixen
 Posted: Apr 9 2011, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 5

Awesome! http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316899.gif Thank you very much, Ellisdee! http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316687.gif

Any way to get screen shots from youtube vids?

No matter where you go, there you are.
PMEmail PosterAIM
Ellisdee
 Posted: Apr 10 2011, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Erin Chambers Maniac

Any way to get screen shots from youtube vids?

Yes I will try and do I guide for you as soon as I can.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Help Corner | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins