Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

From Copper to Fire Engine Red...tips?
aliceroyal
 Posted: Jan 5 2013, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 711

Hi there! My name is Sam, and I'm currently a dark copper redhead. This is what my hair looks like when freshly dyed (its current state, as I just had it redone today):

user posted image

When faded, it becomes a light auburn. However, I am a natural blonde. In this photo you can see my roots, which are my natural dirty blonde, along with the light blonde colour I used to dye my hair:

user posted image

I am interested in changing from my current copper colour to an extreme red colour, not unlike Louna Maroun's (which can be seen here). In that video, she uses Affinage B Red to dye her hair. Since I am a natural blonde, I'm not sure what kind of dye or developer to use on my hair. I'm planning on making this change in about six weeks, so I know the colour will have started fading to an orangey-brown by then.

My options seem to be either to a) use a high-lift product like Affinage B-Red, Majicontrast, or L'oreal HiColor or cool.gif use a semi-permanent dye like Manic Panic or Special Effects. Either way, I will be using semi-permanent dye to touch up when it fades. I'm wondering if I can get away with a high-lift by using a 10 or 20 vol developer as my hair will already be somewhat light.

If anyone is able to help me, I will be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

Sam
PM
chazz
 Posted: Jan 8 2013, 07:58 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

I wish I could be of help to you Sam, unfortunately we don't have a lot of women on this board, well at least ones who are regulars here. All I can say is that you look great with red hair. You have the perfect skin tone for it.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
rediris
 Posted: Feb 8 2013, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 690

sorry, i dont know much about coloring... wish i could help, but i think you know more about it than i do http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1281832822.gif
i dye wella semi perm 8.0 + mix .34
copper forever! biggrin.gif
PM
stacey4318
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 736

Hi Sam, and everyone else, I thought this would be a good place to start as my first post, so please bare with me as a newbie... Sam, your hair is gorgeous as Blonde and copper, you're lucky to have one of those faces to carry off anything, I think you'd look stunning with the fire engine red! hopefully my profile pic pops up, so you can see my colour, its a little darker than normal as it needs touched in, and its cover in hairspray in the picture lol... but.. I use:

majicontrast red its an orange based dye, so if you let it fade it will go orangey, whereas if you use the majicontrast magenta its pink based it will fade out pink, but hot red takes a lot of up keep, your naturally fair haired so try the 20% maybe the 30% vol developer with it, I use the 40% on my roots and the 20% for the rest when im touching it up..

every now and then mix a little of the crazy colour or the hair directions (fire) into your conditioner and let it sit, this will keep up the colour..
majicontrast is brilliant, I went to the hairdressers to have the red put in, she told me she couldn't do it without bleaching my hair as im naturally dark haired, but after a lot of homework, I found majicontrast, I swear by it! its a high lift colour...
im in the uk, they are 10.99 per tube in sally's but half that price on eBay ohmy.gif)
I really hope this helps ohmy.gif)

Stace http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316687.gif
PMEmail Poster
stacey4318
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 04:44 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 736

ok mabe this picture will let you see better... lol..
its a little pinker with the light... but its better you know what youre walking into biggrin.gif

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Styling Tips | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins