Guests cannot vote 
Red Gold
 Posted on May 9 2016, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Member No.: 28

Hey everybody.

This is the experiment I was mentioning a few weeks ago.
I wanted to wait a while because we just had our annual big torny and maybe people are still fed up with voting till next year.

Yes, this is just another tournament in a certain way. Then again it's very different.

I would run this like a normal tournament if people are interested in participating, but there a few changes:
- This is a one-time-only tournament. I won't turn this into another annual thing. One big torny every year is enough for the forum. That's why I call it an "experiment".
- Like the title says: only German redheaded celebs, so most of you guys won't be familiar with most of the names on the list.
- This also means no nomination process! I already came up with 64 names and they are set! There were all introduced by me (!) over the last seven or so years. These ladies either are German (most of them), lived in Germany for a long time (some), speak German or have a strong connection to Germany to be qaulified (one or two cases).

I came up with the idea during our last big torny, when I realized how many celebs I had introduced and how many of them are German like myself. I asked myself: Are there 64 of them? And I came up with a full list in no time.

This is also what would make this thing so special: so many "unknowns" & underdogs coming from a country that is not known for having many redheads! This is not like USA, Canada, Ireland or Great Britain having their own tornament, when there are so many well-known redhead celebs to pick.

Here's the thing:
If no one is interested in voting or it's less than 5 people (not counting myself) than I won't put much work into it and just do this all by myself! Clear 1:0 wins and losses and full "experiment mode". I will post each round however and keep you updated just in case you are curious. Let me tell you: I am not so sure Barbara Meier would be victorious in the end!

So what do you guys think?

I will post the list of the 64 names in a few days...

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
Red Gold says: Love isn't blind. Love is red.
PMEmail PosterAIM
chazz
 Posted on May 11 2016, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

I'd vote. Barbara Meier for me has lost a bit of her luster. I think she's too skinny now.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Red Gold
 Posted on May 11 2016, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

And her career is stalling. She doesn't seem to model anymore or get roles in movies. She's just doing sports and running marathons these days.

I wait to Friday afternoon and then I'll see if more than 5 people are interested in this German torny.
In any case I will run this thing, post squares with the faces (done weeks ago) and put up hyperlinks to all topics. But I won't do a preview vid or create winner/loser pics. I might do a bracket graphic in the end.

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted on May 13 2016, 02:15 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

So it's probably 5 people plus me voting. I leave this thread open for a few more hours. It would be nice to have a group of circa 10 people participating.

It didn't look good for a while. I was close to say: "Sorry, you handful of interested buddies, but I do this alone."

Anyway, now I will show you the whole parade of 64 German redheaded beauties...

PMEmail PosterAIM
chazz
 Posted on May 13 2016, 04:25 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

I could send out a mass alert and make a post on the Facebook page. I could even do a mass email but I like to limit that to the main tournament.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Red Gold
 Posted on May 13 2016, 04:33 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

QUOTE (chazz @ May 13 2016, 10:25 AM)
I could send out a mass alert and make a post on the Facebook page.  I could even do a mass email but I like to limit that to the main tournament.

I guess the first 2 things would be more than enough to advertise this little torny. Thank you.

PMEmail PosterAIM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Redhead Polls | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins