Posted: Feb 13 2013, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

The perils of being a celebrity.

http://news.yahoo.com/actress-alyson-hanni...-000027610.html

News Article

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge Wednesday granted Alyson Hannigan a temporary restraining order from a man who she claims has repeatedly threatened her and her family in online postings.

The order requires John Hobbs, 43, to stay away from the "How I Met Your Mother" actress and her family, and it orders him to stop posting messages about her online.

Hannigan states in her petition that in the past two months, Hobbs, a New Hampshire resident, has "posted a barrage of threatening messages directed at me and my family on various websites."

The actress wrote that she has never met Hobbs, but his messages have suggested he will rape her and take her to the "after-life." Hobbs recently was released from a mental hospital, according to the court filings.

"I am in severe fear for my safety and the safety of my family," she wrote.

Police in Hobbs' hometown of Nashua, N.H., contacted him and he acknowledged wanting to meet Hannigan, 38, and visit her in California.

"Hobbs seemed to be living in an alternate reality," the officer wrote after interviewing him and reviewing his Facebook account.

A phone number registered to Hobbs has been disconnected.

A hearing to extend the restraining order for three years is scheduled for March 6 in Los Angeles. The order also covers Hannigan's husband, Alexis Denisof, and their children, ages 1 and 3.

Hannigan rose to fame after appearing in the movie "American Pie." She also starred in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Silverback
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 735

That is very scary stuff. I have seen that guy posting his obsessive stuff about Alyson Hannigan online for years, and I was always concerned he was a stalker-type. Now his obsession has become dangerous with death threats... I hope they are able to lock this guy up in a mental hospital or something.
PM
chazz
 Posted: Feb 17 2013, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

QUOTE (Silverback @ Feb 17 2013, 08:33 PM)
That is very scary stuff.  I have seen that guy posting his obsessive stuff about Alyson Hannigan online for years, and I was always concerned he was a stalker-type.  Now his obsession has become dangerous with death threats... I hope they are able to lock this guy up in a mental hospital or something.

Luckily he's pretty far away and I imagine the restraining order will be extended.

The order requires John Hobbs, 43, to stay away from the "How I Met Your Mother" actress and her family, and it orders him to stop posting messages about her online.

He'll get locked up if he makes any posts.
chazz
 Posted: Mar 6 2013, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Just an update to this story.

http://news.yahoo.com/man-ordered-stay-awa...-180033293.html

News Article

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge has ordered a New Hampshire man to refrain from posting anything online about Alyson Hannigan or to try to meet the actress.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Carol Boas Goodson issued a three-year restraining order against John Hobbs after a brief hearing Wednesday.

Hannigan stated in court filings last month that Hobbs has posted a barrage of threatening messages about her and her family online.

The filings state the 43-year-old acknowledged to police that he wanted to meet the 38-year-old star of "How I Met Your Mother" and "American Pie."

Goodson noted that Hobbs agreed to the terms of the restraining order and that Hannigan's husband and two children also should be protected.

The actress did not attend the hearing.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Celebrity Redhead Chat | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins