Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Karen Gillan Poll

Should we exclude Karen Gillan from new tournaments
Yes [ 3 ]  [27.27%]
No [ 8 ]  [72.73%]
Total Votes: 11

chazz
 Posted on Dec 27 2011, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

I'll probably be starting up the 2012 edition of "World's sexiest redhead" tournament and I'd like to get some opinions on whether or not we should exclude Karen Gillan from the new tournament since she won last years.

Edit:

In order for your opinion to count, you must post a reply. -Teal
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
The Stig
 Posted on Dec 27 2011, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

-Banned-

Member No.: 51

I like the idea of retiring a winner after they have won. Besides it makes it more fun IMO. If the same person keeps winning it, it becomes a "what's the f'n point" kinda thing

user posted image
In a world without walls or fences,who needs Gates or Windows?
PMUsers Website
Red Gold
 Posted on Dec 28 2011, 03:28 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (teal @ Dec 28 2011, 12:14 AM)
I like the idea of retiring a winner after they have won. Besides it makes it more fun IMO.  If the same person keeps winning it, it becomes a "what's the f'n point" kinda thing

Exactly. She can return in 2013.

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
Red Gold says: Love isn't blind. Love is red.
PMEmail PosterAIM
The Stig
 Posted on Dec 28 2011, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

-Banned-

QUOTE (Red Gold @ Dec 28 2011, 03:28 AM)

Exactly. She can return in 2013.

I was thinking a permanent retire. You were the first, now it's time to move on.

user posted image
PMUsers Website
chazz
 Posted on Dec 28 2011, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Originally I was all for excluding Karen because I would really like to see a new winner. Now I'm thinking that the new winners title will be tainted if we leave Karen out.

Also, one of the reasons for doing this tournament is to get more members participating and if we leave Karen out of it, a lot of members might just say to hell with it and not vote if Karen isn't in the tournament. We do have a lot of UK members and while not all of them will automatically vote for Karen a good many will and are huge fans of hers.

I'll let the voting in this thread ultimately decide if Karen is included or excluded. My main concern is member participation in this tournament because it's a lot of work and I'd like it to be successful. We have gotten some new regular members since the last tournament so this has the potential to be even bigger than last years tournament.

I just wanted to get that out there.
Gulftastic
 Posted on Dec 28 2011, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 22

It's tricky, because if Karen is in there, she will get lots of votes again, mine included. I also agree that without her, it's not a fair poll.

Toss a coin.

CHAMPIONS.

Yet again!

PM
Shimmer
 Posted on Dec 28 2011, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 9

Keep her in I say.

It will be interesting to see if she retains her popularity and if she does come out at #1 then there will still be some good competition for 2nd place.

PM
lpmaskmancick
 Posted on Dec 28 2011, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 30

I really don't know what I have to do. I think she is a redhead and so, it will be discrimination, if we will exclude her, but she too many people like her to not win.
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
Tuoni
 Posted on Dec 28 2011, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Penchant For Freckled Redheads

Member No.: 505

I voted "No"
Think the tournament will only have any real meaning if everyone is included. I do realize that it could also mean the result is pretty much already known.
Maybe she do need to retire if she wins this tourney too wink.gif
PM
The Stig
 Posted on Dec 28 2011, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

-Banned-

QUOTE (Tuoni @ Dec 28 2011, 03:09 PM)
I voted "No"
I do realize that it could also mean the result is pretty much already known.

That's exactly my point. If the outcome is pretty much known, unless we get some kind of upset, why bother with the tournament?

user posted image
PMUsers Website
chazz
 Posted on Dec 28 2011, 09:25 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

QUOTE (teal @ Dec 28 2011, 09:10 PM)

That's exactly my point. If the outcome is pretty much known, unless we get some kind of upset, why bother with the tournament?

Well for one thing I wouldn't say it was a complete route by Karen in the finals against Alicia. Secondly, Karen may end up going against some tougher competition in the early rounds depending on the draw, and thirdly we may very well get some more new members voting who may not vote for Karen.

Last but not least, I wouldn't mind at all if we have all the same members voting for Karen again plus some new members voting, it's all about getting more members to the forum. If we exclude Karen Gillan, that's quiet a bit of members right off the bat who will probably not even bother with the tournament. Aside from that I can't feel that bad about Karen Gillan winning the tournament again, she is drop dead sexy. I don't think it's written in stone that she'll automatically win. I know I've done a complete 180 on this but the more I've thought about it the more I think it would be a good idea to include Karen in the tournament.
Red Gold
 Posted on Dec 29 2011, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Well then include her.

Rather exclude all the fake redheads this time. No Kari Byron, no Simone Simons, no Alyson Hannigan, etc.

Only naturals should be allowed to compete. Otherwise this whole tournament is a fake and as meaningless as those countless bogus hottest-lists on the web.

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
PMEmail PosterAIM
The Stig
 Posted on Dec 29 2011, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

-Banned-

QUOTE (Red Gold @ Dec 29 2011, 05:38 AM)
Well then include her.

Rather exclude all the fake redheads this time. No Kari Byron, no Simone Simons, no Alyson Hannigan, etc.

Only naturals should be allowed to compete. Otherwise this whole tournament is a fake and as meaningless as those countless bogus hottest-lists on the web.

That's not gonna go over well at all. And is a topic of a complete other discussion.

I can see how this is going to work out so I'm going to close this topic.

user posted image
PMUsers Website
chazz
 Posted on Dec 29 2011, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Red makes a valid point but it's sometimes very difficult to determine who's a natural and who's a fake and it would also elimate some very popular names from the list. I am however going to strongly suggest that members nominate women who are known for their red hair, not those who've dyed their hair very briefly. Alyson Hannigan, Kari Byron, they can be included. Those who've played a redhead one time in a movie cannot be included. I'm going to keep this closed as I'm fairly certain most members want to include Karen Gillan. Thanks for the feedback on this. http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316642.gif
Red Gold
 Posted on Dec 29 2011, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

I know Kari is extremely popular here. Probably equally popular as Karen Gillian. I love Kari, too. Have been a loyal Mythbusters fan for years.

But: She is a fake redhead, let's face it. She just doesn't belong in there. She gets enough attention in her own thread already, which is by far the most frequentented thread of the whole forum. It would just be wrong if she eliminated any competition, especially if she prevailed against several natural redheads, which actually deserve to win this thing.

You probably won' t agree. But you know me. When it comes to redheads, I get very idealistic.

PMEmail PosterAIM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hottest Redhead 2011 | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins