Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Why do we lust after redheads?
jrpuffns
 Posted: May 2 2011, 01:27 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 373

I have a simple answer. That which is scarce generally tends to be most the most precious and desirable resource. If you could pick up diamonds walking down the street... would a woman really want one? Don't chime in with any De Beers discussion please. Natural redheads are not all that common, that's a fact (1-2% of the population). What really get's me, however, is the combination of pale pale skin tone, freckles (if lucky), eye contrast and beautiful shade of pink to the lips. That's just a start. I love redheads, always will. I'm married to one, and wouldn't have it any other way. Love to look at the other red beauties that's for sure.
PMEmail Poster
Tinnka
 Posted: Jun 26 2012, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 630

Hmm, I can't say I prefer redheads above all else, but I have to admit, it's just a very beautiful, vivid colour. I love the colour red, anyway, so that probably accounts for part of it but on a purely aesthetic level one has to admit red hair is both unusual and striking. It must feel pretty special to look so unique.

These days it's common to dye your hair, which makes me a little sad because people naturally have very diverse hair in terms of colour. Yet when people dye their hair, I swear there's an exact shade of blonde most women pick, and a particular shade of brown for brunettes. Everyone's started to look like clones and lost that beautiful natural variation.

That and I feel a sense of sympathy for them for being pale or freckled in a society that currently values looking tanned and blonde and spotless. I don't *get* the obsession - having naturally olive skin, I don't get what all the fuss is about. I tan instead of burn: so what? Nothing amazing about a tan, it's just sun damage (that's the scientist in me speaking tongue.gif). Believe me, pale people, you're really not missing out on anything. Besides, I honestly believe most of Northern or Western European extraction just don't look good with a tan, even if they somehow manage a 'real' one and don't look too orange - it's hard to carry it off if your features have evolved to go with pale skin and most people go way overboard of what would actually suit them. Our advice: Leave the caramel skin to those who can develop it without skin cancer or looking like an oompa loompa. http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316962.gif

And I feel sorry for all the crap people put them through. I mean, 'firecrotch', really? Why is it socially unacceptable to be ginger but fine to be blonde or brunette? It makes me mad to see anyone discriminated against, and I don't think the way ginger people are treated gets enough attention. mad.gif

QUOTE (gargravarr @ Jun 27 2010, 01:57 AM)

When I looked at her from a distance, I felt like I was on fire.  If she happened to come into my work area, I thought I would melt.  A 'helpful' friend brought her over once and proceeded to tell her of my interest.  The two words I managed to get out are still the only ones I have ever said to her.  She is still the most perfect woman I have ever seen in person.
Fortunately she left work, and she is now married to someone else.

Sorry for the long post, but it kind of explains that at least in my case, redhead lust is not a choice, and it can be a curse.

Aww sorry to hear that. Gotta admit, liking someone in general can be such a curse, especially if it can't be.

@ Paesan, that's a really sweet story smile.gif I can totally see how those who have qualities similar to the person you love will look attractive (even if you perhaps didn't notice them before), I imagine the association can only improve one's appreciation! wink.gif

Disclaimer: I take credit for none of the images posted. I do not own, and am not affiliated to any websites linked, unless explicitly stated. My enthusiasm, however, I can take full credit for!
PM
RED-APPLE
 Posted: Nov 21 2012, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 38

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this and I've almost forgot about it..

Last Friday evening I went to one of my local bars with a good friend, I haven't been there for quite some time and it was the first time for my friend so I was a bit nervous about how he might react, thankfully his reaction was more than positive.

Anyway to get to the point, as we sat there I asked him what he thinks about redheaded women and he said, they're very beautiful and special and you don't see them a lot when out, well turn around I replied.. There she was an extremely beautiful woman with bright red, curly shoulder-lenght hair. We were both totally fascinated like little kids and couldn't stop staring at her beauty wub.gif And everytime she would walk by, we wanted to tell her how beautiful she is but didn't get a word out..hehe
What a pitty, that I didn't secretly take a pic of her..
PM
Luv
 Posted: Oct 13 2013, 09:30 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 4

...we're -awesome- that's why! :-) genetics gave us a gift they only gave approx. 2% of the population... that...and ummm hmm maybe.... pheromones ? :-)
PM
kcj134
 Posted: Oct 22 2013, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 400

Simple, the great love of my life was a redhead and I let her slip away. I guess that i look for some part of her in every Redhead. Here's to Teresa V. wherever you are! http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316769.gif
PMEmail Poster
klloud
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 938

I always seemed to be attracted to things that are unusual. I like big ears and foreheads, for instance. Most of the girls in my country like having straight hair, but I prefer them curly. What really makes me love redhair is probably the fact that it is so rare. I like different and that trait can make a girl really stand out in a crowd.
PM
kevinholden
 Posted: Jan 6 2015, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 1003

That's a good question and I don't have yet the full answer to it.
What is certain is that I falling in love of redhead since two years. It started when on an other forum, a member post some redheads pics. At this time I thought : "Wouah so redheads seems to be very cute in fact". Before that I wasn't hated redheads or something else but i just wasn't care about their beauty.
So, at this point at started to look at redheads when outside and although they're not in large number where I live, but each time I saw one I found her very attractive.
I am at a state where when I saw a redhead I'm just losing my minds and I just think of the redhead girl that is in front of me.
So yes like an addiction to redhead, so maybe a little bit weird in fact.

But why do I lust after redheads ... ? I'm don't know but I think that the fact that the first girl that attract me was a redhead plays its part. I was young and didn't realy understood what love means at this time but I'm sure it have an influence.

Last clarification, I'm still not attracted by fake redheads. The only girls that attracted me have also a pale skin and also I love freckles.

That's it for my answer and i hope it still mean something and mean what I think about it. First time I write on an english forum so not easy at first. ^^
PM
lunar_breeze
 Posted: May 1 2015, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 170

There's something about being with another ginger that is heaven
PMEmail Poster
Ginger_Lover
 Posted: Jun 6 2015, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 936

As a teen, waaaay back in the '70s, I tended to date reds, though i didn't get the connection! My first attraction to a ginger turned out to an adopted sister to my cousin, which wasn't illegal, but seemed weird. Then, the beautiful redheaded sister of the drummer in our summer "rock band" latched onto me. When I went to USC, a ginger, sitting behind me at orientation, looked over my shoulder and copied my phone number, soon to call me! She was VERY friendly, to say the least, but I wasn't ready for a commitment. My next "hopeful" was a pretty ginger who actually asked ME to go to see a young, up-and-coming comic, whom she'd seen on the Tonight Show. It was Steve Martin! He did the whole arrow through the head, and all of his other early stuff. The show was actually documented in Time magazine! Unfortunately, this beautiful redhead was Catholic, and I was Protestant. She broke off from me because of her family's expectations. After dating a couple of brunettes, I was introduced to a beautiful, curvy girl, with long natural red hair, named Debra. We hit it off immediately, and we've been together for 39 years.

She's my avatar.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Ilovesexyredheads
 Posted: Mar 9 2017, 01:44 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 1218

I used to only be with blondes.blondes are still so sexy but my past gfs were all brunette. But for some reason I think redheads are the most beautiful women. Just something about redheads are super sexy and the most attractive hair color for me. But as get older hair color is not a deciding factor. But redheads there is just something different and more beautiful than other hair colors.i would love to date a redhead because I've had friends tell me that redheads are ,I hope I can say this,but redheads are hotter in private and redheads are juicy just oozing sexually. Love redheads don't have favorite I can think of I think all redheads are hot and sexy.very attractive women
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Redhead Chat | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins