Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Redhead Day 2010 in Breda, Netherlands, I was there!
Red Gold
 Posted: Sep 7 2010, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Member No.: 28

Alright, I made it this year! I already wanted to go there last year, but I couldn't get vacation at that time.

Just got back yesterday and I still have to collect my thoughts. It was really exciting being surrounded by hundreds of natural redheaded women.

It was the 5th edition of this special day. It started in 2006 when a Dutch artist announced that he wanted to make a photoshoot with redheaded women and kids in Breda. He exspected a few dozen to show up, but actually hundreds came for the shoot. They decided to have this meeting of redheads anually and each year the number of visitors with red hair increased. Last year it was 4.000. This year it might have been even more, hard to tell. They will probably come up with an official number very soon.

Breda is a really nice little town in the Netherlands with 170.000 souls living there. It has a small and old-fashioned town center with a big old church, lots of restaurants and bars, a big park, water channels where boats can take you to a sightseeing tour and the people there are really nice.

Of course I tried to make friends with a redhead. Most of them were Dutch, only very few were German. Others came from France, Italy, Belgium and every other country you can imagine. I think there were even some from America. But they will expand their meetings to other countries. The German group is planning to meet in Berlin sometime.

Here is the homepage of the 2010 Redhead Day in Breda:
http://www.roodharigen.nl/

Just click on the buttom with your language on the top right of the page. They already put up the new pics of this year. You can also leave a message on their guestbook and download the programm card via PDF.

Here is some of what they offered:
- On Saturday evening they showed the German thriller "The Perfume" open air at the town's park
- Saturday & Sunday they had a information & merchandising booth right by the big church, where they sold t-shirts, buttons and stuff
- in the church they had an art gallery of a redheaded painter with several paintings of redheaded women & 2 redheads were playing classic music
- They had a redhead girl performing songs with her band and another rock band sang several soings about red hair ("It's good to be a redhead" or something like that)
- On Sunday the town's mayor held a speech at the market place and welcomed all the redheaded guests in Dutch, English, German, French & Italian. His young son is a redhead, too.
- The first big group photo was taken right around the corner of the market place in a street. The dress code: white top.
- The even bigger photo of all the people with red hair was shot via a crane in the park
- several bars offered all red colored cocktails for half the price
- in the window of a clothes store a redheaded model got herself some bodypainting
- there was a fashion show on the market place with redheaded models. They had it every our in the afternoon.
- kids with red hair could have their pictures taken while laying down in white feathers
- TV cameras and newspaper journalists were everywhere, taking pics & asking for interviews
- a barbershop offered a free makeover for redheads
- they had one of those inflatable rubber castles for the kids to jump on
- lots of other stuff

It was really a great experience. I'm glad I made it to Breda this time.

I shot alot of photos. I will upload them within the next days.

Maybe somebody can help me upload my vids to YouTube.

In the meantime here are some videos made by other spectators:

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
Red Gold says: Love isn't blind. Love is red.
PMEmail PosterAIM
chazz
 Posted: Sep 7 2010, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

Thanks for the the in depth review Red. http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316687.gif Haven't checked out the link you posted yet but I did see some nice pics posted here:

http://totallycoolpix.com/2010/09/redhead-day-2010/

I must say there were a lot of very attractive redheaded women there. You're so lucky you got to attend. Man, I need to get some tshirts or buttons made up with this forum's url. A gathering like that would be great promotion for this forum.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Red Gold
 Posted: Sep 8 2010, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

You know Chazz, I actually remember alot of the faces on these photos, because I saw those specific people, too. Or I ran into them in town several times. Some of them really sticked out... even within the masses of redheads.

Well my pics cannot compete with those professional shots quality-wise. I am just a bloody amateur, lol.

But here is the first batch of my photos anyway.

First the little German group:
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

The first shooting in the street next to the market place:
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Hope you guys like them. More to come...

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
PMEmail PosterAIM
chazz
 Posted: Sep 8 2010, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Thanks for posting your photos Red. http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316642.gif I look forward to seeing more of them. It really is great that we have an actual member here who attended and took a lot of photos.

I'm pretty sure that's the largest redhead gathering. I know there are a few more but that one seems huge in comparison. It's also located in such a scenic place.
Red Gold
 Posted: Sep 9 2010, 04:01 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Here comes the rest.

The second photoshoot, the big one in the park:
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

The big photoshoot in the park took place on Sunday noon time. It was hot and sunny that day. I wonder why the redheads didn't all get a big sunburn. I sure got one on my face and head. wink.gif

BTW, if you wonder what those pink things are they are holding up: Those were the numbers 2010 made with thick pink paper and wires. The artist shot the group from above, so the numbers could only be read from bird's eye perspective. You can see that on the homepage.

After the shoot: The gathering is splitting up. The redheads have a lunch in the park or in the cafés of the town. They enjoy the numerous activities and special offers I mentioned in my first post. Check out the twins in the first 3 pics.
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

That's all the pics I took with my digital photo camera.

Coming up next: I make some vidcaps of the things I filmed with my video camera.

PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Sep 10 2010, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

I'll continue with my stuff later. But first here are 2 more great videos from YouTube.

PMEmail PosterAIM
chazz
 Posted: Sep 10 2010, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316687.gif
Methos
 Posted: Sep 12 2010, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Technomage

Member No.: 216

Hope this is ok to post here, i found a site that has high quality pictures of the event...

http://totallycoolpix.com/2010/09/redhead-day-2010/?css=dark

Some pretty cool stuff biggrin.gif

M

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
Red Gold
 Posted: Sep 12 2010, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

My vidcaps didn't quite turn out the way I wanted, so I continue with uploading my videos. Sorry for my crappy skills as a camera man. This is also the very first time I uploaded something on YouTube and I had to use a cheap DVD ripper software.

This is part 1: The gathering of the German group.

Please comment! http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1280095565.gif

PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Sep 12 2010, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

I am very proud of my videos, but of course these shots cannot do the whole experience justice. Believe me: Being surrounded by dozens of beautiful redheads, gingers and strawberry blondes feels like paradise. If there is any redhead gathering near the place where you live: Go there! It will be worth it.

Part 2: It's beginning

Part 3: In the Catharinastraat (Catharina Street)

Coming up: The big photo shoot in the park, body painting, redhead art gallery in the church & redhead models on the catwalk.

PMEmail PosterAIM
chazz
 Posted: Sep 12 2010, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

QUOTE (Red Gold @ Sep 12 2010, 05:33 PM)
Believe me: Being surrounded by dozens of beautiful redheads, gingers and strawberry blondes feels like paradise. If there is any redhead gathering near the place where you live: Go there! It will be worth it.

I can only imagine what it's like to be surrounded by all those beautiful redheaded women. http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316598.gif Many of them look like they could be models. Thanks for everything you've been posting Red.
Red Gold
 Posted: Sep 13 2010, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

QUOTE (chazz @ Sep 13 2010, 01:00 AM)
Thanks for everything you've been posting Red.

You are welcome. I am so glad that I can share all of this with you people.

Part 4: The first big photo.

Part 5: Going to the Valkenberg park.

Part 6: Probably the largest gathering of redheads in the world

PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Sep 13 2010, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Part 7: The rest of the big shooting in the park (and the twins again!).

But now here come the even better parts. They had a catwalk on the stage where the opening speech was held. They had the same little fashion show 3 times that day. And each time I recorded parts of it (and actually the whole third show), so you get to see the models from 3 different perspectives! I just hope they won't erase these vids from YouTube because of the soundtrack copyrights. Good choice of music btw, except for that one techno track.

Part 8: The first fashion show. All models are redheads.

Part 9: More of the first fashion show.

Some of these costumes look a little bit silly. rolleyes.gif But most of the models are really hot!
Feel free to discuss: What's your favorite model & what's your favorite outfit?

PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Sep 14 2010, 04:04 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Videos galore!

Part 10: Rest of the first fashion show.

Part 11: Body painting, singing in the streets & more models.

Part 12: More models & body painting.

Part 13: 2 gorgeous teenage girls! ohmy.gif

Part 14: Redhead art gallery in the big church. This redhead day had class!

PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Sep 15 2010, 04:03 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

The last batch:

Part 15: The third and last fashion show, closest & best perspective yet.

Part 16: Last fashion show part 2.

Part 17: Last fashion show part 3.

Part 18: Last fashion show part 4.

And that's it. That's all the pics & vids I took.

Looking forward to your questions or comments.

But you know what's the best part of my visit to the redhead festival? I made e-mail friends with a redheaded girl that lives in the next town near me. We somehow didn't get to meet in Breda (try to find a certain girl with red hair, when there is hundreds of them!), but we will eventually meet each other in a café in our area. And who knows: Maybe it's the beginning of a long-lasting friendship or even relationship. I am planning to go to Breda again next year for the Redhead Day 2011... and I might not go there all by myself, but hand in hand with a beautiful redhead girlfriend. biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterAIM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Redhead Chat | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins