Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Donations
chazz
 Posted: Apr 29 2014, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

I've decided to accept donations via paypal. Rest assured the forum is here to stay and will always be free to everyone. I also won't be spamming members emails or pm's asking for donations. I figured the most unobtrusive way to do this would be to make this thread where I can place the donate button. Please only donate if you're able to.

All donations will go towards the cost of running and maintaining the forum. Costs such as domain registration, premium hosting , and any other costs directly related to the forum. Thank you for considering making a donation.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Luv
 Posted: Oct 25 2014, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 4

http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316687.gif best way ever to do it; because those who want to donate can and not feel pressured to;

wub.gif

its also great that ppl can donate in any denomination they can afford if they choose to; ie 1$ or 50$

TY for running a great forum! :-)

PM
chazz
 Posted: Oct 26 2014, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Thanks Luv. I'd never pressure anyone to donate. I used to hate getting emails from forums I was a member of doing donation drives.

I figured since I'm now paying for premium hosting and the domain that if someone wants to donate they should be able to. Like I said this forum will always be free and I'll never make anyone pay to access certain parts of the forum.

As you said Luv, any amount no matter how small helps.
Luv
 Posted: Oct 28 2014, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

I would suggest seeing if you can make it a button on the top bar tho- if its buried in a forum people may never see it while browsing; i just happened across it because i was nosing through threads randomly; perhaps have it link to the thread but kind of like the facebook link uptop... make it a little more visible? just food for thought...

http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316868.gif
PM
chazz
 Posted: Oct 28 2014, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

I actually was thinking of doing that. I just need to figure out how. It would be best if I could direct link it to the paypal donation page but I have to see if it's possible. I might need a paypal business account and I don't want to go through the trouble of setting that up. Maybe I'll ask jcink if it's possible.
Luv
 Posted: Oct 28 2014, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316687.gif
PM
wateradept24
 Posted: Oct 30 2014, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Web Design/Tech Support

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (chazz @ Oct 28 2014, 07:26 PM)
I actually was thinking of doing that.  I just need to figure out how.  It would be best if I could direct link it to the paypal donation page but I have to see if it's possible.  I might need a paypal business account and I don't want to go  through the trouble of setting that up.  Maybe I'll ask jcink if it's possible.

It's not hard to do. I had one going for a while for my Magic: the Gathering site before Google Ads stepped in and I took it down just in case...

I never got any donations out of it, but I did have have direct links to donations. You could also put a link on the bar with Facebook/Gallery/Arcade/etc. links, or you could just get a Paypal donations button HTML block and drop it at the bottom of the forum...

I play Magic: the Gathering. I also have a website about it.

user posted image
user posted image
chazz
 Posted: Oct 30 2014, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

QUOTE (wateradept24 @ Oct 30 2014, 10:57 AM)

It's not hard to do. I had one going for a while for my Magic: the Gathering site before Google Ads stepped in and I took it down just in case...

I never got any donations out of it, but I did have have direct links to donations. You could also put a link on the bar with Facebook/Gallery/Arcade/etc. links, or you could just get a Paypal donations button HTML block and drop it at the bottom of the forum...

I'm pretty sure I'd need a business account to get a direct link. I don't think it would make any difference. Times are tough and people are unwilling to donate to a small forum.
wateradept24
 Posted: Nov 3 2014, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Web Design/Tech Support

Member No.: 27

True, and I don't have a business account... unless selling on eBay automatically does it...

I play Magic: the Gathering. I also have a website about it.

user posted image
user posted image
chazz
 Posted: Nov 3 2014, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

I've added a link at the top of this forum linking to this thread which should work fine.
chazz
 Posted: Dec 4 2014, 01:26 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Anyone who donates $5 or more gets to have the supporter team icon. Credit to Angryfrodo from the admin zone forums for creating all the new team icons. Just let me know in the paypal comments or via private message your username.

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Announcements | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins