Let's find the worst music video ever!
The Stig
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

-Banned-

Member No.: 51

user posted image
In a world without walls or fences,who needs Gates or Windows?
PMUsers Website
The Stig
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

-Banned-

user posted image
PMUsers Website
The Stig
 Posted: Jun 1 2014, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

-Banned-

user posted image
PMUsers Website
Red Gold
 Posted: Jun 2 2014, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Member No.: 28

Whoa, overkill!

Actually you're supposed to only show one vid and let another person post the next one, but okay.

Some excellent choices here, mate. Except the Safety Dance, which is a cult classic, and Sledgehammer, which might be cheesy by today's standards, but is considered one of the best music videos of all time - it won how many MTV video awards the year it was released???

Okay, here is one music vid that I loathe! It tries to be soooo funny, but falls flat on its ugly arse. It has terrible comedy, ugly chicks dancing and... just look for yourself.

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
Red Gold says: Love isn't blind. Love is red.
PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Jun 4 2014, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Well, now I'll put up several vids in a row, too.

Here's a terrible one from my home country.

Some info on this one:
Nina Hagen is an "artist" from Berlin. She's a member of the underground 70s punk scene, she always uses way too much makeup, she's got a creepy voice, she loves Indian culture (with all the crazy costumes and dances), she loves overacting and expressionist acting with all the weird facial expressions. She's also totally into esoteric stuff. She claims to have met god in person - several times! She also claims to have been abducted by aliens. Alot of Germans can't stand her and find her antics rather disturbing or just unnerving.

Combine that weird & excentric personality with ultra-cheesy 80s visual effects and Nina wearing a beard and you get this abomination:

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Jun 5 2014, 12:13 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

This is an example of the crappy music we have been force-fed in central Europe in the mid 90s, when "Techno" was at the peak of its popularity. And the video is bloody amateurish.

PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Jun 6 2014, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Something weird from the UK 80s underground. About the lyrics: I read somewhere that this song is supposed to mock the dizzy US tourists that come to London.

PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

I actually like the B52's, but this is pure crap:

PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 03:44 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

More terrible Dancefloor Eurotrash, this time from the late 80s. The singer's broken English is just lovely. And look at the cheap color distortion for a special look. And where was this filmed? In the cellar of an old people's home? The whole thing looks and sounds like they were trying to ripoff the great Swiss electro band Yello.

PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 04:33 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

I hate this one. Back then it was a huge hit, but who can listen to it ever again??? It's another of those videos in which people try to be funny, but make themselves look like complete idiots. It also stars Robin Williams, who I always found creepy. And the guy with the top hat might be even worse.

PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Interesting that Peter Gabriel is now mentioned twice in this thread.

Here's a little personal view and my connection to this:
When I first got interested in music and really started to follow it MTV had Gabriel's very personal music video "Digging in the Dirt" in the rotation. It blew my mind. I think it's a piece of art and one of the best music vids ever made.
Imagine how disappointed I was, when "Steam" was released next. Not only has this one aged badly, it has no story, it's really just having visual effects for the sake of visual effects - and they are all digital and made on a computer (which was new at that time), but they looked terribly cheap and flat even back then.
I think "Sledgehammer" and "Big" may look silly today, too, but their handmade claymation effects have a certain charme. Steam has no charme and no soul at all.

PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Jun 11 2014, 05:33 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

It's incredible how in some countries they just ripoff things without any regards of copyrights or any remorse. Michael Jackson is spinning in his grave: They stole the rhythm, basic melody, some of the dancing moves and even the red leather outfit directly from one of his greatest videos. Makes you wonder: Have they never seen the original "Thriller" in India???
Nobody even knows the name of this "artist" imitating Jackson.

Some English guy added sound-alike-subtitles to it to mock it, that make the whole experience even more absurd.

PMEmail PosterAIM
chazz
 Posted: Jun 11 2014, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

This is when Twisted Sister became lame.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Red Gold
 Posted: Jun 12 2014, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

This is my last pick for now. I have to dig deeper and deeper... and some stuff isn't even on YouTube.

This is from my home country from circa 1987. I always tell the people that Germany is not just about bratwurst, but then something like this pops up and the rest of the world must think we Germans are obsessed with sausages.
Nevermind the lyrics, they are just stupid. It's basically about a guy who leaves his long-time girlfriend by singing: "Everything has an ending, only the sausages has two. Yes, my darling, it's over! But you don't have to be sad. You won't be alone for long." Now that's a way to dump someone!

http://www.clipfish.de/musikvideos/video/3...wurst-hat-zwei/

PMEmail PosterAIM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Forum Games | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins