Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

2015 Hottest Redhead: Emma Stone, celebration & discussion
Red Gold
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 02:15 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Member No.: 28

Yeah, it's not like she easily marched through this thing. And like I said about the final 4: It could have gone either way. Gillan, Woll & Piro almost made it.

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
Red Gold says: Love isn't blind. Love is red.
PMEmail PosterAIM
Red Gold
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 03:43 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

And here is some statistics of my own. We were discussing dividing the field into categories: models, actresses and so on...

The following competed in the 2015 tournament:
- 37 actresses
- 9 models
- 6 nude models
- 6 singers/musicians
- 3 playmates
- 1 beauty queen
- 1 athlete
- 1 mythbuster

Note: Some have been active on several fields. Barbara Meier has done acting, but she is known as a model, Alicia Witt has done some singing lately, but counts as an actress, etc.

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
PMEmail PosterAIM
starhawk
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 59

Great tournament this year. Some really tough choices along the way, but glad Emma won.

PM
Lord Arion
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

GOLD MEDALIST in Jumping to Conclusions!!!

Member No.: 909

Well, since joining up in March of last year, I'm glad to have participated and will keep doing so as long as KARI BYRON gets nominated by someone besides myself.

Most of you have come to know how Rabid I can be about her, but it doesn't mean I can't acknowledge other redheads.

"Congratulations to Emma Stone"

(And Kari baby, you'll get that Emmy, AND win this Tournament eventually!!!) wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

user posted image

"Enthralled To A MALEVOLENT Goddess!!!"
-Arion, Lord of IRAK-
PM
Red Gold
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

I am also pretty sure that one day Kari Byron will win this tournament. With all those facebook people voting... it will happen.

PMEmail PosterAIM
Tibbletoad
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 999

i am angry and disapointed, even disilusioned .........

Nah i am pulling your leg here.

I liked this one, my nominations went far

and emma stone won http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316899.gif

And i am all for expcluding past winners in future ones.
PM
Red Gold
 Posted: Feb 2 2015, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Problem is: the past winners are too popular to exclude them.

Maybe next year we should put them in the same pool.

PMEmail PosterAIM
Tibbletoad
 Posted: Feb 3 2015, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 999

/It could bbe an idea to have pools of certain types, like models , actreses athleates, tv personalities and that each pool has a winner there so like Emma stone is the hottest redheaded actress and then goes to the finals for the hottest red head.
PM
The Stig
 Posted: Feb 3 2015, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

-Banned-

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Tibbletoad @ Feb 3 2015, 08:54 AM)
/It could bbe an idea to have  pools of certain types,  like models , actreses athleates, tv personalities and that each pool has a winner there  so like  Emma stone is the hottest redheaded actress and then goes to the finals  for the hottest red head.

We have discussed that actually. But some pools will be harder to fill than others, and some will be capped off way too short.

user posted image
In a world without walls or fences,who needs Gates or Windows?
PMUsers Website
Red Gold
 Posted: Feb 3 2015, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

QUOTE (The Stig @ Feb 3 2015, 04:24 PM)

We have discussed that actually. But some pools will be harder to fill than others, and some will be capped off way too short.

That is exactly what my counting has shown: more than 50% of the competitors are actresses, while the other groups are small minorities. Models might fill one pool, but most of them would be unknowns. And singers could never fill a pool all by themselves.

PMEmail PosterAIM
sdobbins
 Posted: Feb 16 2015, 12:13 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 213

My vote went to D.A.W. in the final but I am not disappointed with Emma. Hair is #1 but the combination of hair and those fantastic eyes makes this a great victory.

Molly Quinn is always my favorite but she does not always fit the "Sexiest" mode. Maybe fits the most beautiful hair.

Sexiest Redhead is fun but it does not concentrate on just beautiful hair. Just my idea. Great job on this - thanks for showing the pool results.
PM
Red Gold
 Posted: Feb 23 2015, 05:08 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Uh, too bad she didn't win that Oscar. It would have been cool to have an award winner among the handful of torny winners.

PMEmail PosterAIM
mbanes3
 Posted: Mar 21 2015, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 870

So, I decided to have a look at how my idea for a different kind of tournament system might work out and, yep, it's definitely hefty as anything. This was me voting on my own on a list of 64 women I wrote up myself and the entire process took about 1.5 hours (with about 30 minutes to compile the list).

I then recompiled the list and ran it as a straight head-to-head system like we've been using for all of the tournaments held here so far and that only took about 30 minutes or so.

The most interesting result was that towards the end, the same women turned up in both systems and ultimately the same woman won. Fair enough it gave some women a better chance of making it to later rounds (some women knocked out early in the head-to-head model lasted much longer in the run-off model), but overall the results were ultimately the same with the same woman coming out on top.

I don't know if this would always apply, especially with a larger pool of voters with different tastes (my personal tastes would likely always lead to similar winners in different models, but that might not be true if an actual vote were needed), but this one test would suggest that a more complex model wouldn't be worth the extra effort for this forum.
PM
Red Gold
 Posted: Mar 22 2015, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Interesting. Did you use the exact same pool of 64 ladies like we did in 2015?

And yeah, this thing is a whole lot of work already the way it is - especially with all the headshots now added.

I hope that in January next year we can somehow incorporate the facebook people aswell and have them vote, too. I wonder how this torny would have ended if we had 80 or 100 voters instead of 30. Would Karen Gillan or Molly Quinn have won for a second time? Or would Kari Byron have marched through this whole thing? Or would a different and surprise competitor have made it to the top?

In hindsight Emma Stone is a so-so winner: she's pretty and worthy, but not that many people seem to be happy with her winning.

PMEmail PosterAIM
mbanes3
 Posted: Mar 22 2015, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 870

QUOTE (Red Gold @ Mar 22 2015, 10:09 AM)
Interesting. Did you use the exact same pool of 64 ladies like we did in 2015?

I'm planning on doing a second run through with our list of 64 women from this year to see what happens when there are women I'm not too keen on, but I'm expecting similar results.

(I'm also planning on running a third model, since I think I've spotted a possible flaw in mine)

And yeah, this thing is a whole lot of work already the way it is - especially with all the headshots now added.

Yeah, I didn't even take into account headshots, which I can imagine would simply add even more time to each round.

I hope that in January next year we can somehow incorporate the facebook people aswell and have them vote, too. I wonder how this torny would have ended if we had 80 or 100 voters instead of 30. Would Karen Gillan or Molly Quinn have won for a second time? Or would Kari Byron have marched through this whole thing? Or would a different and surprise competitor have made it to the top?

It would be pretty cool to see how it would turn out with more voters. I suspect you'd get a more consistent pool of women who appear in later rounds, simply due to shared interests, so it's possible the end results might become quite samey.

In hindsight Emma Stone is a so-so winner: she's pretty and worthy, but not that many people seem to be happy with her winning.

I was quite happy with her, but I think that's just one of the problems with this kind of tournament, where the results derive from personal preference in head-to-head rounds. Eventually, someone you prefer will get knocked out, so you'll have to choose between two people you don't like as much. It seems likely that the overall winner for the tournaments we've had so far might actually rank somewhere in the middle of each person's preferences.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Hottest Redhead 2015 | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 4 
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins