Add ReplyStart new topic

The Undertaker, Living wrestling legend
Red Gold
 Posted: Mar 17 2013, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Member No.: 28

Yeah, one of the greatest superstars in the history of professional wrestling is actually a redhead.

And here's the proof:
- He has a very light skin complexion.
- Before he wrestled as "The Undertaker" he was wrestling under the name "Mean Mark Callous" among other nicknames and was always sporting red hair and a red beard.
- In his first months in the WWF he was still wearing red hair and a red beard. Then he started to dye both black, because it probably fit his dark Undertaker gimmick better.
- His son, who looks exactly like him when he was young, also has red hair.

Take a look at the early Undertaker and his really red facial hair.

Now some facts:
He was born on March 24th in 1965 in Houston, Texas. As The Undertaker he is billed from Death Valley in California. He usually weighs in at 300 pounds. He is 6'10'' tall.

His most astounding accomplishments in wrestling:
- 3 x World Heavyweight Champion
- 4 x WWE Champion
- 6 x WWF/WWE Tag Team Champion
- 1 x WCW Tag Team Champion
- 1 x WWF Hardcore Champion
- Winner of the 2007 Royal Rumble
- Winner of multiple WWE Slammy Awards
- Has an incredible 20-0 undefeated streak at Wrestlemania, in a few weeks facing CM Punk at WM29
- Won the "Match of the year" award by both Wrestling Observer Newsletter & Pro-Wrestling Illustrated several times
- Won the "Best gimmick" award by Wrestling Observer Newsletter 5 times in a row (1990 - 1994)
- Had legendary feuds against Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, The Rock, Steve Austin, Triple H, Shawn Michaels
- Revolutionised professional wrestling by appearing in many obscure and creative gimmick matches, some of them just created for his Undertaker persona: Hell in a Cell, Buried alive match, Casket match, Boiler Room Brawl, Inferno match, Last Ride match

The Undertaker is truly one of the all-time greats.

Unfortunatly, last week his long-time manager Paul Bearer passed away at the age of 58. sad.gif This duo scared and impressed many young fans in the 90s.

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
Red Gold says: Love isn't blind. Love is red.
PMEmail PosterAIM
chazz
 Posted: Mar 17 2013, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

I've always thought he was a redhead.

It's sad about Paul Bearer passing, I have found memories of those two back in the 90s. They were a great team entertainment wise. The Undertaker was part of a time when wrestling was really cool. It seemed everyone was a fan back then. It doesn't get much more awesome than Undertaker vs. Ultimate Warrior. I think the wrestling audience is much smaller these days.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Gulftastic
 Posted: Mar 17 2013, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 22

Undie wreslted as 'Texas Red' in his very early days. He truly is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, with certainly the longest lasting gimmick. Even though he's so knackered he can only wrestle one proper match a year now, it's normally an absolute blinder, as his last three Wrestlemania appearances prove. He could retire as he is apparantly fabulously wealthy, but I hope it isn't soon, and that they let him retire with his Wrestlemania streak intact.

And I too was sorry to hear about Paul Bearer. Check him out in this promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJYB9IOR3K0

His facial expressions are fantastic.

CHAMPIONS.

Yet again!

PM
Red Gold
 Posted: Mar 17 2013, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

His match against Shawn Michaels at WM25 is the best WM match ever imho.

And yeah, he was so amazing in the 90s. There is no such character today. Nobody can touch him nowadays.

He will probably retire in the near future since he is all bruised and beat up. He should have one more WM match against John Cena next year and call it an active wrestling career.

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
PMEmail PosterAIM
chazz
 Posted: Mar 17 2013, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

QUOTE (Gulftastic @ Mar 17 2013, 10:13 AM)

And I too was sorry to hear about Paul Bearer. Check him out in this promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJYB9IOR3K0

His facial expressions are fantastic.

That's hilarious. http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316962.gif When I heard he died I immediately went searching on youtube for his promos. He and the Undertaker always had the best promos. I loved the ones where it would show the Undertaker building a casket for his next opponent.

chazz
 Posted: Apr 13 2013, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

I just had to post this. I saw this when it originally aired and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I remember for weeks after this they'd do a segment showing The Undertaker constructing the casket for Jake the Snake Roberts. laugh.gif

Red Gold
 Posted: Apr 7 2014, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Yesterday at WrestleMania 30 the Undertaker's undefeated streak has been broken! blink.gif He got pinned by Brock Lesnar.

This indicates that Taker might retire very soon. He could say farewell tonight on RAW.

PMEmail PosterAIM
Eddie Quist
 Posted: Dec 28 2014, 12:17 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 993

This is him as a youngster:
user posted image

Quote Jim Ross:
'What's Booger Red? A nickname that I unsuccessfully hung on the American Bad Ass Character, as I recall, IE the Undertaker. Booger Red was the nickname of another red headed, bad ass from Texas, former UT linebacker and hall of famer Tommy Nobis. If you look up 'Booger' in the dictionary, it is a southern expression meaning a frightening apparition of which Undertaker certainly is. Plus, he is naturally red headed. I thought the name worked but others didn't.'
Source
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add ReplyStart new topic

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins