Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Soon to be a Redhead!
Julie Billi
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 680

Hello all!

thanks God I found you! http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316769.gif

My name is Julie & I live in Athens Greece!

I am 42 & a natural brunette with white skin (not pale) and brown eyes with a tint of green...
Next week with my hairdressers advise I will dye my hair copper!

I have been dying my hair light brown for years & now is time to make this amazing change!

I am so excited & curious to see the result!

I post my photos for your opinion! biggrin.gif (I hope I succeed...)
PM
chazz
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

Hi Julie, Welcome to the forum. http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316687.gif If you need any help with posting pics, let me know and i'll do the best I can to help.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Julie Billi
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

thanks! It seems I will need help.
My issue is that from my office PC I do not have access on images links... sad.gif

I tried browsing from the below options but did not work!
PM
chazz
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

QUOTE (Julie Billi @ Oct 12 2012, 10:36 AM)
thanks! It seems I will need help.
My issue is that from my office PC I do not have access on images links... sad.gif

I tried browsing from the below options but did not work!

You should be able to attach files from the computer you're on if you know what directory they're in. When you hit the reply button you should see the browse button for attaching files. I think you can upload pics up to 1 megabyte. Maybe you can put the pics on a flash drive and upload them from that.
Julie Billi
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

another try...

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image
PM
Julie Billi
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

From my wedding last month!

this is tbe maximum tan I get smile.gif

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image
PM
Julie Billi
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

thanks for your help Chazz! http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316687.gif
PM
chazz
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Congratulations on getting married. Your husband is a very lucky man, you're a very sexy woman. I love your hair btw. I think your wavy hair will look great red. Oh btw, you can also attach multiple files to the same post. just hit the + button.
Julie Billi
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

thanks for your wishes & compliments Chazz!!!

I will act as you said with the (+) button!

my hair is thick, wavy and all natural! no extentions added! I am proud of it! http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1293390602.gif biggrin.gif

What copper shade would fit me more? Dark, light, auburn?

I will post some photos with shades I love!
PM
chazz
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

I'm thinking auburn will look really good with your skin tone and I love wavy auburn hair. Whatever shade you go with i'm sure will look great on you.
Luv
 Posted: Oct 12 2012, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Julie Billi @ Oct 12 2012, 10:06 AM)
thanks for your wishes & compliments Chazz!!!

I will act as you said with the (+) button!

my hair is thick, wavy and all natural! no extentions added! I am proud of it!  http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1293390602.gif  biggrin.gif

What copper shade would fit me more? Dark, light, auburn?

I will post some photos with shades I love!

dark- because your hair is naturally dark- it will look less 'dyed' and more natural :-) plus it will make your skin tone look all the more fair & lovely. :-)
PM
Julie Billi
 Posted: Oct 13 2012, 03:38 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

thanks both!

my main effort is to have a natural (as much as possible) redhead look and not a fake one.
My inspiration was one of my hairdressers customer....when I saw her I thought she was a real redhead and told her she has fantastic hair....when she told me that our hairdresser was the creator of this color....I was so surprised and also wanted something similar but for my colors.

What do you think of these ones?

Attached 3 File(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
PM
Julie Billi
 Posted: Oct 13 2012, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

and these ones....

Attached 3 File(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
PM
chazz
 Posted: Oct 13 2012, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

It's times like these I wish we had the amount of female members we had on the old forum. I'd go with the color in the first set of photos. The second photos of Rose McGowan are nice but Rose has very white skin to pull of that shade. If you don't have the skin tone, brighter shades of red won't look natural.

You may want to have a look at the Debra Messing thread. I've always liked her shade of hair.

http://redheadedgoddessforums.com/index.ph...%20Messing&st=0

Something like this:

user posted image

I'm sure Luv will reply again as she can give you better advice than I can.
Luv
 Posted: Oct 13 2012, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 4

a lot of times henna can be tested on your hair-(cut some from a spot you won't miss it and have them do diffrent dye cycles on it and hold that lock of hair against your skintone- to best see how it will look) most people I know who have died their hair have done so very successfully doing it wih henna dyes- and its more 'natural' in general for the hair- it also tends to fade and blend over time - I generally can tell a real from a fake redhead a mile away - but the ones that have tricked me until I really really look and i mean have to study them and their hair and eyebrows and lashes carefully- are usually the henna dye jobs.. or someone who is intensely good at mixing the reds and browns and blonds to a perfect tone match for the persons skin- (usually they have to do the eyebrows as well) I'd reccomend doing a lock or two from your hair- having your hairdresser show you a few samples of color tones, holding them against your eyes/cheeks/ lips etc- seeing how the tones look with your features and selecting one that suits you best and your makeup selectsions (nothing like dying your hair then having to replace all your makeup to suit it :-D)

with the curls; i think a shade of red that is close to your natural color is good to begin with; not too much of a drastic change; then over time lighten it so people don't go "OMG YOU DYED YOUR HAIR" :-) my mother is naturally a dark brunette; her hair is now a light blondish redish tone; she did it gradually and nobody even remembers that she is naturally a dark dark brunette- first she put light light highlights of blond and red in her hair; then she had them do what looked like sun-streaks in the summer time- then gradually more and more; until literally she is blond and light redish brown - and it suits her nicely;

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Styling Tips | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins