Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

New hairstyle help?
FCRed
 Posted: Nov 2 2014, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Member No.: 819

So I'm getting more and more bored with my hair, I've never coloured it and don't intend to so generally I get bored and end up cutting it all off which I regret and then spend months growing it again. Need some inspiration for a new style please? Currently my hair is sitting around just under my bra strap length if that makes sense? huh.gif

Gimme some ideas and I'll post a pic once I get it done? tongue.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
The Stig
 Posted: Nov 2 2014, 08:21 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

-Banned-

Member No.: 51

I think we should see some pics before you do anything to it. Maybe perfection is sitting on your head right now.

user posted image
In a world without walls or fences,who needs Gates or Windows?
PMUsers Website
Red Gold
 Posted: Nov 2 2014, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Member No.: 28

Maybe a recent photo of you would be helpful for us to come up with ideas.

But: have you ever tried a pony haircut? You know, where the hair in the front is cut so it just covers the forehead and stops just above the eyes or eyebrows. I always like that haircut on women.

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
Red Gold says: Love isn't blind. Love is red.
PMEmail PosterAIM
FCRed
 Posted: Nov 2 2014, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Ok some recent pics...

user posted image

user posted image

I just feel it's hanging about all bleh not really doing anything! Do you mean like a fringe Red Gold? I've had before but I don't really feel I suit it...x
Red Gold
 Posted: Nov 2 2014, 11:00 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Friend of all redheads

Member No.: 28

Yeah, like a fringe.

I also think pigtails are hot (or cute) - like the character in my avatar. But most women think it's too girlie-like.

Maybe you should go for a different hair color: a brighter red, maybe?

Red Gold says: There is no such thing as redheaded women. There is only redheaded goddesses.
Red Gold says: Love isn't blind. Love is red.
PMEmail PosterAIM
FCRed
 Posted: Nov 2 2014, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

I don't really want to dye my hair, never coloured it before and would rather leave it as is, just need a change to it, maybe chop some layers into it and go shorter?
chazz
 Posted: Nov 3 2014, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Member No.: 1

It's hard to improve upon perfection. http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316868.gif
FCRed
 Posted: Nov 4 2014, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

haha Chazz you smoothie! tongue.gif

Hair is booked in today...pic to follow rolleyes.gif
FCRed
 Posted: Nov 4 2014, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

So here's a quick before...

user posted image

And some afters! I'm still not sure about the fringe and its a bit more off than I originally intended but it feels healthier so yay!!

user posted image

user posted image

http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316687.gif
chazz
 Posted: Nov 4 2014, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

Looks good. http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316687.gif
chazz
 Posted: Nov 5 2014, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

We really need more female members here.
FCRed
 Posted: Nov 6 2014, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Lol actually I was thinking that...wondered if maybe a post on the Facebook page where people could tag a redhead and add a pic of them then they in turn need to tag someone etc, would hopefully mean they check out the forums too? What do you think? X
chazz
 Posted: Nov 6 2014, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

I'm not that skilled with FaceBook. http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1280095565.gif I had thought that with the popularity of the FaceBook page it would pull in more members to the forum but that hasn't been the case. I'll run your idea past Stig since he's more knowledeable with Facebook than I am.

It is frusrating when we'll get a female member join the forum and post in this section asking for advice and they get no replies. If we had 4 or 5 women to reply to these topics we'd be doing pretty good.

Once I'm finished with my treatments I plan on holding some contests where I give away itunes or amazon gift cards, maybe even cash via paypal since non US members would be able to participate. It's something I planned on doing before I got sick. I think that will keep members coming back.

Awhile back I did advertise the forum on google adwords with sime success. The problem is that all the good keywords are expensive so I had to get creative.

FCRed
 Posted: Nov 6 2014, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

N/A

Hmmm I'm not sure incentives and gifts etc are needed, I think it's the sense of community and joviality that makes people return to the forums (was for me anyway) so maybe we just need to perk things up a bit again and make it a bit more fun and friendly? I am definitely making more of an effort to pop in and check up if anything is happening so I'll get my thinking cap on for some new post ideas to get people chatting again as it's a bit daunting just seeing posts of pics etc on the forums (although gorgeous, maybe not likely to make a lot of females stick around? Just my opinion though).

I think maybe a bit more marketing of the forums on the Facebook page couldn't hurt as most people won't look for it unless it's there in front of them, maybe adding a link to the forums onto new posts and pics would tempt people to have a look? Then once we get them here that's half the battle...I'm sure we can find some ways to keep them here afterwards laugh.gif
chazz
 Posted: Nov 6 2014, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Redhead Addict

I do have the link to the forum on FaceBook. I've also linked to threads in the past. Of course it might be a good idea to do that again since the FaceBook page has really taken off. Sadly, people just seem to prefer FaceBook. FaceBook is actually what's killing forums. The thing we have going for us is that this forum is pretty unique and not just a general chat forum. I agree with you though on the sense of community which is lacking, aside from the Kari Byron thread which has a handful of members who post regularly.

We're supposed to be getting a new major feature on the forum this month, so that will give me the opportunity to send out a mass email to all the members.

I think giveaways have their place. If I could do a weekly giveaway for a month or even a monthly giveaway to members who make good posts it will keep the forum active. I just don't want to commit to anything til i'm 100% healthy.

Thanks for coming back and sticking around. http://redheads.b1.jcink.com/uploads/redheads//post-22-1274316642.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Styling Tips | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Skins in 32 languages by Ginette @ Mondial Skins